<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 02, 2005

JOHN PAUL II - DEPARTURE


John Paul II

As I write this last blog, the Pope, John Paul II is only hours from departing this life. Now I am not a Catholic, just a good old CofE, you know our dear old Prince Charles way of doing things - "Window Adultery" and all that good British stuff... but I am for some odd reason checking the net every 30min to see if he has gone? I guess its a reflection of an event that we all must take... one only hopes the other side is as strong (real) as the current Pope believes it is... mind you for a man who is going to see his God, he seems to be taking his time getting there.

I guess it’s the journey that counts, not the departure or the arrival.

I am reminded of a saying "Everyone wants to go to Heaven, but no one wants to die" - I hope he gets his wish... But I wish he could come back and let me know... but that would be giving up the best bits... the mystery - would it not?

www.vatican.va/

|