Wednesday, January 19, 2005
Welfare Push On Jobless
Melbourne Herald Sun - Fleur Anderson - 19 Jan 2005
I love politics as its a very Fort process. Take this gem in today's local rag:
"LONG-term unemployed people and stay-at-home mums are the targets of Coalition MPs pushing Prime Minister John Howard to deliver tax cuts.
Australia's 530,000 unemployed would be weaned off welfare by replacing the dole with food stamps and utility credits that could not be spent on gambling, alcohol and cigarettes under a plan to be unveiled this weekend.
Liberal MP and member for the Gold Coast Steve Ciobo will push the plan at a Young Liberal and National Convention in Hobart on Sunday."
WHAT! - "spent on gambling, alcohol and cigarettes"
That's right the nut thinks that $30/day before tax = luxury.
This would be a better idea Mr Ciobo, you can have these for your new world plans.
- Anyone who lives or has a GOLD COAST home or unit near the strip = No welfare.
- If your a member of the Liberal Party = No welfare.
- If your car cost you more than $28K or was purchased new then = No welfare.
- If any member of the family was a polly or a head of any Government Department............. = No welfare.
- If any member of your family went to private school = No welfare.
- If you went overseas for a holiday in the last 12 months = No welfare.
- If your a farmer = No welfare.
- If you own a boat = No welfare.
- If your in a National Party electorate = No welfare.
Oh dear... I could go on with all this crap and sound just as dumb as our polly, can you see him agreeing with these close too Liberal items... would you do it?